Thursday, March 12, 2009

Random Thoughts Thursday

I couldn't decide which to make the main post today, so just some things that have been rumbling around my head in the last 24 hours.

Prayers and Thoughts to the people in rural, southeastern Alabama. One of the towns involved is one I pass through on the way to Destin, FL. The story is unbearably tragic and unfortunately indicative of the extreme stress many are under.

Interesting story on what happens when the FDIC takes over a bank on 60 Minutes this week. Check out the clip below.



Among my duties teaching with Duke TIP this summer is driving the van to pick up the kids from the airport. Wish I could say this is a first, but did the same at my high school job working for my mom's daycare. Bring it on short-bus kidos!

Signed my contract with the new preschool today and I am now totally convinced Ben will be making a hemp tote bag for me and likely Bill too. Every teacher that passed through and introduced themselves looked like they had attended Woodstock or at least owned the Best of Joni Mitchell box set. Everyone was very, very welcoming and excited we were joining the "family". I went back out to the playground with the Director and just pictured Ben playing outside. We are so in the right place!


Tonight I had to laugh at Ben and Bill both working on their computers (or Ben's version Car Puter). I'm sure Bill was looking at something technical and Ben was playing a shapes and letters game.

No comments: