Friday, March 6, 2009

Finished for Friday

Teenagers = Preschoolers

This week has seen a snow day, 2 hour delay, and early release/professional development day. Before ye non-teachers say, "what is she complaining about, she didn't have students the typical 40 hours this week", but I kid you not I am worn out due to no consistency. Get anyone (from babies to the geriatric ward) off their schedule and all hell breaks loose. So with that being said, I got the following items accomplished:

1. Conferenced with all 96 students I have this semester for fall recommendations (short and sweet and signed off. Due to budget cuts AP Gov is likely getting axed this fall, as well as many electives district wide :-(
2. Wrote an article and pulled pictures for upcoming local newspaper publicity for our NHS fundraiser
3. Set up AP Gov Study sessions for kids taking the Exam. Doughnuts will be involved
4. Sorted and delivered Toddler stuff to a friend. Also took inventory for what I need to pick up at a future consignment sale I'm going to later this month.
5. Played bunco, met a friend for dinner to finish my summer job paperwork, and have almost have finished Book six

With Bill gaming tonight Ben and I are meeting up with our Friday Friends to play and catch dinner. I hope by end of day to on my couch finishing my book and starting my In Treatment Season 1 recap in preparation of upcoming season 2!

With really nice weather forcasted we are planning a trip to a local dairy for their Open Barn weekend. Kids get to see how a dairy works, feed goats, and enjoy a picnic on a lovely spring day.

No comments: