Does having the 2nd kid somehow suck time away in some new way that the solo child parenting experience doesn't? Stupid question, but Dude where's my week? It seems like yesterday that we were watching Lost.
Well meanwhile back at the ranch it has been kinda busy:
1. Final week of Preschool for Ben. Camp Mommy (an unfun camp with no-sing along) will start Monday until Y daycamp on the 14th. Everyday will not be fabulous and fun, but some plans up my sleeve including a weekend beach trip, trip to the zoo, farmers market, couple of play dates, and can watching mommy feed and diaper count as an activity if glitter is involved.
2. Interviewed for a job I didn't think I would likely take due to hours and in state travel. But they offered it and I hope that at some point it's an option. I'm always keeping choices on the table for my one, five, and ten year goals on the dashboard.
3. Working furiously on setting up my online class to start the 14th. Was told to expect around 100 hours of training and prepping as a 1st timer. I wish that was a mistype but alas I am working about 5 hours a day to pull off learning how to do this. I'm learning that not a lot translated from being a Face to Face teacher other than knowing the content. Before you say, ahh Heather did you just write about not shortchanging your kids lives for a career recently?
Teaching online, once established, will give me more time at home, a flexible schedule, and the ability to continue to do something I like without the things about it I am not fond of (6:45 start time, lunch duty, 5 zillion meetings, double daycare expense). Again, it's about putting options on the table and summer is the trial run for the change this fall working from home full time.
4. Sick dog resulting in midnight emergency visit to the local pet hospital and a very expensive bill. Monitoring for 24 hours with no confirmed reason for reoccurring grand mal seizures. In addition the medicine prescribed that normally makes dogs uber sleepy, uh...not here. Instead we have a manic, crazed dog that broke her leash and wound up 2 streets away yesterday with Ben, Mom, and baby in tow running after her. This after peeing and pooping multiple times on the floor. Think she could wear a size 1 diaper?
5. Have hit a real patch of anxiety lately. Thinking it may be time to be the adult in the room and ask for the blue, red, whatever pill. Ten years in and haven't succumbed to the med route, but questioning my quality of life is smacking me in the face. Thinking long and hard on this decision as I don't want this to be a way of life and hoping it's just post partum fun.
6. Plans to hit the gym this weekend as I haven't been since early week (again online course may move this goal to am when Ian is sleeping longer). I HAVE to make time for this whenever I can get it in. 6 am sucks, but if I'm committed, then I have to schedule it as part of the day.
7. Make that keep working to help Ian try to get on some type of sleeping longer schedule. Not to self, maybe the dogs medication would help. Just kidding of course.
Happy Memorial Day weekend to all. Plans for pool time with the family, more online work, friends to grill out with on Monday,and sleeping... me that is.
Why Hate the Koch Brothers? (Part 2)
5 hours ago