Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happiness Project

I stumbled upon a new blog I may add to my blogroll. At first, looking the picture of the author made me think... you are moving ever closer to the worst self-help book imaginable, but I really liked her Wednesday Tips. This post about ways to keep yourself motivated to exercise. This post especially seemed one to read as I have not been diligent the last few weeks to go to the gym as much or even religiously walk the dog the mile I have done since a puppy, including the day I gave birth no less!

I have a love/hate relationship with exercise. I love the way I feel, especially since my weigh loss that makes the task less onerous. But I still have a really hard time seeing that my hard work pays off. I intentionally work out at a gym where I won't feel self conscious but still think I can always do more, push myself harder. In my head another mile on the elliptical or more reps with weights are somehow going to produce the immediate results.

One of the things I want most for Ben is for him to be grounded in self worth and find positive outlets for his emotional health. I recently picked up the book Raising Cain in hopes that as we make the move to a new preschool this fall that we are also instilling in him self esteem and independence. What better gift could any parent give their children?

No comments: