Saturday, March 14, 2009

Believe it or Not... A Kids Movie Review

One of the things that drives Bill nuts is my lack of interest in most kids programming. For what it's worth when you don't grow up watching lots of cartoons and movies it's a little hard to suddenly start in your 30s. Luckily Bill LOVES and has already planned movies for Ben's entire childhood. He picked up Pinocchio earlier this week and I (yes I) suggested we watch it with Ben tonight.

For the most part Ben watched and was into the story. He was a little wide-eyed at the whale but quickly started talking about all the fish. Bill and I kept a running tally of all the items featured in this classic from 1940 that would never fly today: kids smoking cigars, parents spanking their children, handling an axe, boys turned into animals.

Bill and I were talking about all the other Disney classics (most that we own) and what was scary then and how it compares today. Bill does a really good job and screening and picking appropriate media for Ben. For that I'm glad I married someone who truly is a kid at heart.

No comments: