Friday, March 13, 2009

Finished for Friday- Obama Version


Greetings from a state where it was a sunny 83 on Wed and 38 and raining today.

Since my school is attempting in save money by not turning on the air today is the polar extreme to wishing I had been teaching in a tank top on Wednesday.

I'm all for budget cuts but keeping the heat and air on should rank somewhere ahead of keeping an electiveson Feudal Japan with 6 kids (true from my old school).

Ok... gotten some kick butt stuff done this week so I can play this weekend.

1. Obama corner up in my classroom! I tried SO hard during the election to play both sides, but now he's the real deal it's natural to keep a shrine dedicated the current President, Right? Most proud of my authentic Washington Post dated 1/20/09

2. Organized and ran the NHS new member interest meeting on Wednesday. I planned for 75 interested kids. I stopped counting at 110. It's going to be alot of work this spring to read applications, essays, and recommendation letters. Think I'm old school? The application is 10 pages long and has a how to sheet attached. Either I have really high standards or I'm just a freakin' masochist to read all that.

3. Finished off plans for NHS Chick Fillet fundraiser on Monday night. Bring it on balloon animals and a big spin the wheel of free food we are doing!

4. Taxes DONE... but painful, have calls to make to avoid a 2009 repeat.

5. Set up more Dr appointments, checking on insurance coverage and certifications. Have I ever listened to SO much bad elevator music!

BIG HUGE Accomplishment- Decided and enrolled Ben for fall preschool. Post about the finalists earlier this week. I feel awesome that this is off the 2009 table.

1 comment:

LauraC said...

YAY for a productive week!

When are you going to post the crockpot recipes??