Sunday, January 4, 2009

"We have lots in common... we both like soup"

Title Source- Best in Show Stiffer's mom to her 90 year old husband whom she has nothing in common but waiting on him to die for his $$$

Until I can get my 52 Weeks of Crockpot Love gadget to be live I will post whatever recipe I did as an entry. This first week I have spent time flagging recipes in the cookbooks I borrowed from the library. I am going to buy Not Your Mothers Slow Cooker Cookbook as well as the Bible of cookbooks Fix It and Forget It as both have lots of items Bill has agreed to try.

I decided since it was cold and rainy on Friday to make a Hendricks favorite-

Veggie Patch Soup- By Marilyn Hendricks

Ingredients- 1 64 oz bottle of V-8 (regular flavor)
1 large size bag frozen veggies (or several well rinsed cans)
2 cup of cooked rice, barley, or pasta
2 cups of beef broth
1/2-1 lb lean stew beef cut into small pieces
1/2 cup sugar (I used splenda)
salt, pepper
I also added marjaram- 1 tablespoon

Put all ingredients into the slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours or High for 1-3.

Great with grilled BLT or cheese sandwiches, or corn muffins

No comments: