Monday, January 5, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

As we pulled into our neighborhood this afternoon the street was blocked with firetrucks and emergency vehicles. Not knowing immediately what house they were at I screamed, "Oh my God" as we made our way to our house. My little parrot proceeded to say this over and over as we got out of the car and walked towards our house.

I told Ben let say, "oh my Firetrucks" instead, which didn't really work. Luckily the family was not home and no one was hurt. Ben was totally obvious to the smoldering ruins but instead was enthralled by the sight of the firetrucks, hoses at full blast, and a big digger that was tearing off the flaming roof.

For me it was one of those, "I am adult, not a kid amazed at firetrucks and this is really horrible reality for someone". All that all I wanted to do was bear hug Ben and assure myself that this could never happen to us.

What do you think Ben said as we were reading a Dora book tonight that had a firetruck? Bingo and collect your prize at the door.

No comments: