Thursday, January 8, 2009

Jump the Shark?

Oh the possibilities! As I was watching the kick off to the final season of nip/tuck last night I could only think where will this show go in thier final episodes. This show by nature from seasons past seem to be able to pull off plotlines that in any other show would deem it to have "jumped the shark".

Where else could a whole season center around serial killer that rapes and carves up his victims only for it to be a derranged brother-sister team complete with a strap on. My personal favorite episodes are: Adelle Coffin As Sean comforts a dying Megan and admits his affiar and the quintential episode from the Carver season Granville Trappwhen you get Christan's self-loathing at it's best.

So I can only hope that by the series finale later this year I won't be diasppointed. While no ending can ever top the last 10 minutes of Six Feet Under which I can watch over and over and sob just as hard as the first time viewing, I'm sure then end to nip/tuck will be a blow-out sex fest followed by an totally unrealistic ending. Oh Goody!!!!!

Since we are turning off our cable by end of month, I was a little concerned that I wouldn't get to fest on this season, but luckily all episodes are online.

No comments: