Friday, January 2, 2009

This Girl is On Fire

Instead of working on my Final AP Gov project tonight I decided to add/delete from my blog. I have gotten into writing more frequently and Bill is going to format my first 2 years (almost 100 entries) into book form for my birthday. So I am adding the following new gadgets to update weekly as well as some new buds on the blogroll

52 weeks of Crockpot Love...is based on the blog A Year of Crockpotting. I got an awesome deal on a new crockpot during the holiday sales and armed with a bevy of library books I am on a mission to use it once a week. My moms group is doing a crock pot tasting party instead of our usual night out this month so I hope to come away with even more ideas. I hope to make this a live link with the recipe with Bill's help.

Overdue to Read More.... A plan to read more than my monthly bookclub book. I made a wish list of all the books I would like to read this year. I am shooting for 25 total including audiobooks.

Adding to my Blogroll- The Pressley Press - Family friends, Linker Girls< - Childhood Friend in Charlotte, NC, Freakonomics Blog - You MUST read this book, Conscience of a Liberal- NY Times columnist Paul Krugman. If only Paul and Maureen Dowd could be my parents.

I am also trying to break my old school newspaper a day habit and going solely online. I already read the NY Times online most days as a subscription costs more than a kidney transplant, but I am trying to give up my daily local paper too now that I don't get it free at school. Bill would be proud as I am the last luddite alive according to him.

1 comment:

LauraC said...

LOVE the sidebars! If I run into any good crockpot recipes, I will let you know.