Thursday, January 29, 2009

oh this is not good


check out Ben's daily sheet today indicating a 10 minute nap! If you notice the time it's 2:55-3:05pm. Ok, so my question was why let him sleep at all, especially since they are suppose to be up and at outside playtime by 3pm. I asked his teachers again about what is going on, where he is sleeping in the room, is he getting up and disturbing others, can he sit quietly on his cot and look at a book if he's not asleep. Again I felt that they were blaming us for him not sleeping and that he is starting to drop his nap much to their dismay.

I agree that we can do some things at home, such as making sure that Bill takes him in no later than 8:30 and making sure he is going to bed earlier. On the days that he is not sleeping we are starting bedtime earlier with an abbreviated night time routine. The one redeeming note on here is the statement that he was dry most of the morning. We almost made it to bedtime without an accident. So I guess Ben's like his mom, can run on little sleep. The problem comes that in a group environment, he is expected to conform. I am thinking Montessori is looking better and better....

1 comment:

LauraC said...

Alex has had days of no nap and some 2 year olds I know in the blogworld long ago dropped their nap. Some kids are done with naps by 3.... Alex will probably be one of those while Nate will be like me and LOVE sleep.