Saturday, February 28, 2009

Early Birds and Late Owls

Being a parent ends any fantasy you have of lazy weekend mornings in bed. Add to this I have a job that the start time is 6:45 am I SHOULD be an early bird by nature. Unfortunately for as long as I can remember my *best* time of day is from around 10-2am. In college I cannot tell you how many times was the one suggesting "let's go out" and as a result wound up really wishing I hadn't come the next day. I even picked a Friday afternoon chem lab, just to avoid the 8 am version once.

Lately, Ben has gotten up several time at 6 or before. Earlier this week, Ben was crying, "I have boogers" and this morning, "I pee pee in bed". Ben is still in his crib and has miraculously yet to even try to get out once. I know I am likely asking for problems later on and the plan is to move him over the summer. Of all the things not to worry about, him wandering the upstairs is minimized.

On the positive front after a couple of weeks of a nap strike, he is back to sleeping at least 30-45 minutes a day. This makes all involved much, much happier, especially his mommy who really should sleep more than 5-6 hours a night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear ya Heather. With Liam in his cast, every night I have to get up and take him to the bathroom to pee. Broken sleep is not fun. He's also the early riser of the family. Before the cast he would get up on his own and go down stairs to watch TV. The rest of the Fam could sleep a little longer, but no more. Now I have to go get him, and carry his 60lbs downstairs in a sleepy stupor. He got his cast off today, so once he gets used to using his leg again, all will be good in the world! ;-) Hang in there fellow sleep-deprived parent! :-)