Sunday, February 8, 2009

Weekend Roundup-YUM!


I think if I had to sum up this weekend it would be titled, "good eatin' at Casa Vinson". Starting with Friday night Ben and I had a date at the K&W cafeteria with all the early bird special folks. Ben had the spaghetti and I had the veggie plate. Bill was gaming and eating the motherload of horrible food aka The baconator. I had to make biscuits for this event BTW. I think the theme was "heart attack on a plate".

Saturday was BEAUTIFUL here. Elizabeth and I got together for Feb cook-a-rama and pulled off an impressive 8 freezable meals plus 2 pies in 3 hours. We headed to N. Raleigh for Matt's birthday potluck party. I know Chrissy's kitchen about as well as my own so I helped schlep the main serving table as people brought in their food. Great night for a grill out and to catch up with folks we hadn't seen in a while. Ben as always idolized the big boys.

Today was BEAUTIFUL again. We took a picnic down to Harris Lake and enjoyed a sunny day at the lake. Ben loved the playground and Bill and I had a chance to talk a bit.
Tonight we baked the pie and enjoyed with a big helping of Daily Shows and Colbert reports.

Yum from start to finish. Ben's big hugs and I love you mommy didn't hurt either!

No comments: