Thursday, February 12, 2009

Finished for Friday



Again this week I am playing along with Lit and Laundry's weekly challenge. I DON'T think I have been nearly productive enough this week, but the week has been filled with Dr appointments and preschool visits and tonight open house at school until 9pm. So, I am cutting myself a little break and am thankful what what I did do on the little sleep I've gotten.

Again I was shooting for 5 items to mark off my personal/professional list: Here's what I got accomplished:

1. Saw Revolutionary Road with a friend.
2. Submitted my student's work to This I Believe essay competition on NPR
3. Finished the application and Essay for Gilder Lehrman summer teaching institute (top choice is a week on 20th Century women's rights movements). Doubt I will be picked, but SOMEONE will be... why not ME!!
4. Finished more recommendation letters for students, over 50 and counting...
5. Toured 4 preschools and updated the spreadsheet I made to keep up with the visits
6. Valentines Day Madness at Casa Vinson... homemade cards for grandmommys, mommy made Ben a special shirt to wear to 2 Vday parties to be attended, special cards and candy for teachers, and tons of CARS themed valentines for toddler friends. Mommy also made homemade strawberry cupcakes for both parties.

Tomorrow night Bill and I have reservations at Angus Barn (it's much nicer than it sounds to those who live outside this area). Earlier this week I found a letter he wrote me back in 1994 that he never gave me. I turned it into a Valentines day card for him. It's been a hard week so a nice evening out is much needed.

4 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

Wow! You've been really productive! I can't imagine writing that many recommendation letters! You must be a pro at it.

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day and thanks for joining in!

HeatherV said...

Not all those letters were this Week! Thankfully! I advise our National Honor Society Chapter so this is a big reason why I am frequently asked. I hope one day someone will do it for my kids on thier path to college! PS LOVED your quilt!

Cheryl Lage said...

Holy Cow (angus? ;) ) you've gotten a lot done!

You DO deserve a lovely night out!

Cheryl Lage said...

Holy Cow (angus? ;) ) you've gotten a lot done!

You DO deserve a lovely night out!