Sunday, February 15, 2009

Miss America Doesn't hold a Candle in Cupcake Eating...

What a weekend spent in honor of this Hallmark created holiday. Bill and I had a great dinner Friday night at Angus Barn. I think I could have just sat in the bar eating cheese and olives and passed on the main course. This my friends is a VDay place to repeat.

Ben had a ton of fun at his Valentines day party at school as well as the next morning with his baby/toddler/now preschool friends. He had spent alot of time taking all his valentines out of the box he made a school and then stuffing them in his pockets or hauling them around in a dump truck.

A friend pointed out, "hey isn't that your son sitting by himself making an art creation with glue sticks." Why yes it was. Let's hope I have passed on a love of art supplies to him.

Ben also enjoyed the cupcakes I made for both parties. Let me correct myself, he ate like a Miss America contestant just cut from the top ten. I quit counting once he scarfed down his 4th cookie and 2nd cupcake at one of the parties. I had been trying to get him to eat other foods, but he was making the rounds of other children's plates by the time I got to him.

On Saturday we took him to see Bolt at the 2nd run movie theater. He actually sat for most of the movie, again scarfing down popcorn. We came home and exchanged the Valentines day presents we had gotten him and each other.

Tonight Bill and Ben made pizza and watched Pete's Dragon. Ben of course then decided that his IKEA dragon had to go to bed with him. Mommy enjoyed getting together with old teacher friends for sushi and the night off.

All in all a nice weekend after a long week and the start to a really hectic week again. I love both my valentines oh so much!

No comments: