Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Awoken From The Dream By My Own Name

Surgery Day Part 2. Really and truly I feel like everything was said in December. The past 3 months have been surreal getting used to a new body, learning how to handle questions and comments, returning to working and daily life after a weeks long recuperation.

Before surgery 1 I asked if I thought I would have any regrets, given knowing that the recovery would be painful and hard. I theorized that it would be worth it.

Yes, a thousand times yes to a new outlook on life. Not just because of the physical changes but I truly feel the best I have in my adult life.

Sunday I planned a family day at one of our favorite parks. Complete with a picnic lunch, rides on the train and carousel, and lots and lots of time on the playground.

Pure.Unadulterated.Joy



An example of why waking up later today continue steps towards living a fulfilled, happy life with a physical body now completely on the other side of the looking glass.

No comments: