Tuesday, December 7, 2010

#Reverb10, New MB Dream Lab, the non-mundane Monday

Much to say about my Monday:

Helped with Hunter twins at a hospital follow up. I'm in awe of modern medicine's ability to transform.

Appointment 1 of 3 this week to burn Flex Med funds. Why the hell did I book them all this week?

Crazy amounts of tutoring with my online kids during these last weeks of class. I am this close to offering to meet them at their school for a group econ session for those in the same location.

Final decision for Donors Choose schools to support!!!

Another 2 miles run without stopping + a barbell strength class. Ask me if I wasn't a little happy to hear the instructor that prides herself in leading 100 push ups, 100 squats, and 100 crunches is returning to her family in England until January.

New Mondo Dream Lab is starting in January. Very excited and hoping they offer an alumni rate before I pull the trigger to sign up. I actually had started the book, The Gift of Imperfection after a compelling discussion among like minded folk in the community. Check out Brene Brown's TED Talks, and prepare to be amazed.

On that note I am on the side writing daily prompts for Reverb10. I'm not sure how much will be publicly posted but I love the 20 min and 750 max word count guidelines. It's been a great way to reflect on the year and prepare myself for the coming 2011. So far a sampling of past week's prompts:

One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?

Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?

Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).

I'm starting to wish I had 31 more days to live out my December.

No comments: