Monday, December 27, 2010

10 for 2010 Getting on the same page


Short post but to get all my 10 things in by 12/31 I needed to post today. My goal of making 300 posts by end of 2010 is going to fall short namely due to taking the month of October off and also the whole had a baby, adjusted to 2 kido land seemed to suck time away. HA.

One of the things I am most proud of was watching Bill finish his first race in March of this year. It was the culminating of months of following his post surgery diet, adding exercise as part of his daily schedule, and setting a goal to finish a 5k post surgery.

18 months post surgery and he is keeping his weight off with a total weight loss of near 170 lbs. A whole person lost. A whole person gained. One that is on the same page about incorporating healthy decisions as part of a changed lifestyle.

We have been together for 16 years, and not until this year did it ever feel that we were in agreement in living our lives for each other, for our boys, and for a lifetime of opportunities that better health affords.

As we start a new year we both have fitness and weight loss goals. Bill is planning on training and running a 1/2 marathon in March. I am on my final week of Couch to 5k and have hit 3 miles without stopping!!! I have yet to really start running pushing the stroller. My goal until the April 9th Cary Road Race is to run the entire way AND push. Personally I would like to get to 7 miles without stopping by April.

We have challenged each other in 500 in 2011 with the prize to be determined. As corny as this sounds, my prize is walking around with another 20 years on his life.

No comments: