Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fairly Sure LeVar Burton is Locked in My Basement

At the start of the year, one of my goals was to double the number of books I read this year. Looking back I'm basically at the same number as last year, but I have pledged as part of the whole more time thing to try to finish more books by end of year.

Actually I have found myself more nights than most sitting on my porch in the chaise lounge reading something over watching TV. This is not to say I can't lay on my couch, like tonight, totally zoning out to Biggest Loser (more on why I'm watching this show after boycotting it after season 1 later.)

Anyhow for the rest of 2010, I'm committing myself to 1: audiobooks to play why walking the dog in the am. 2. Making sure I read the bookclub book 3. Once finished with Bclub book read something else from my growing list of book lust.

That's 3 WHOLE books a month and a total record for me who has done well to squeak by the past few years with only the bookclub pick each month.

Currently I'm reading Freedom (audiobook), have just finished An Invisible Sign of My Own (book club), as well as my personal pic Runaway (short stories). I'm picking up Let the Great World Spin and This is Where I Leave You tomorrow.

Looking back at my list here's my top pics:

AWESOME... Freedom. So glad I picked The Corrections up again, finishing it on the 2nd try. I don't think I would have gone for book two if not. Totally worth all the pre-publication publicity. It is totally my catalyst to walk our dog!

Hunger Games. About to reread this Nov book club pic. This better be a kick ass discussion and how cool would it be to go as Katniss Everdeen for Halloween? On board to read Catching Fire and MockingJay before year's out.

The Help
- Great book and the fact I own my great grandmother's sterling silver makes me ashamed. I will not be seeing the likely movie adaption that undoubtedly will SUCK!

Also good reads for 2010- NurtureShock, Rant, Drop City, and Runaway

I'm sure that if I had a basement that Levar Burton would consider rebroadcasting Reading Rainbow to today's generation.

No comments: