Friday, December 18, 2009

No Pic today, Instead a Very Appropriate Song, Valium Lick Needed Today

I had tons of cute pics to post of the crafty-craftiness to alas I forgot to upload them but once at school this day has lent itself to my own version of the 12 Days of Christmas. Want to know personal hell? Take 104 hormone-crazy students, hype them up on sugar, just try to get them to pay attention to anything (even setting something on fire) to no avail. Yes, it's against the law (really) unless you have a doctors note to be out the day before or after a major break thus this is always, always a day I look forward to just getting through the day with a double something by the end.

So in that vain I give you a song I hate with the most appropriate lyrics:

12+ Uninterested students

11 More recommendations to write over break for NHS students

10 Sick days taken already this semester (by ME)

9 More weeks once back then hoping to be out a year of leave

8 Students failing with NO parent contact information

7 Irate parent emails in my in box this morning about a recent project

6 Students I just warned to quit laying in the floor unless they wanted hepatitis

5 Student gifts on my desk... more cookies and nothing of unusual sort, like the black urn on wheels I once got, coded gift you think?

4 Projects left to grade before I leave today

3 More times to give the bureaucratic, hoop-jumping exercise in giving a state exam

2 Former AP Gov students that returned from their appointments at Air Force Academy and West Point respectively dressed as Freshman cadets. The first time I have ever cried in front of a student

1 The best gift ever, 1 hour early release due to impending snow


Bring it 2010 with my final 3 packed repeating Freshman classes for 9 weeks.

Yeah, what a way to end it all.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Your posts have had me LMAO. Better you than me! Hopefully, you got through the day. Thinking of you!