Thursday, April 16, 2009

What Ya Doing at 4:45am?

I have started working out at this ungodly hour! So the backstory for this madness is that my 5 year surgery anniversary is coming up on June 30th and I really want to be as close as I can to my original goal to celebrate. Plus we are starting IVF in June and the injectables are notorious for adding swelling and weight. There's a "starting IVF post" rolling around in my head, but it just hasn't found it's way to being published yet.

While on vacation in Florida I drank and ate foods I shouldn't and REALLY felt it with spiked insulin levels. I physically feel bad and after seeing some of the pics, and needed a catalyst to motivate me. Plus, I'm super vain that I have tons of cute spring skirts I want to be able to wear.

So..I am reverting back to the main way I took off weight before mega amounts of exercise and cutting out as much simple sugar as I can. As always I set up rules to keep myself on track:

1. Any day I know I can't get to the Gym, workout on the elliptical at 4:45-5:30
2. Change up what I do at the gym and work with the trainer for some new weight lifting exercises plus try to add one class
3. Take the stairs all the time at school. No excuses even if I have stuff to carry. 87 steps to my room and I estimate I take them at least 3-4 times a day.
4. Walk the dog once Ben is in bed, no matter how tired I am.

Waking up at 4:45 is giving me a major burst of energy to start the day. Since starting on Monday I had time to eat bfast at home AND made it to school on time!

Wish me luck... I am one determined chica and this is a positive way to channel my energy and nervousness about starting IVF.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I was awake, but exercise was the farthest thing from my mind. Instead I was giving Seth a bottle and praying that William wouldn't wake up. Kudos to you for kicking it into gear! As usual, I'm so impressed. I really like the idea of waking up early to exercise, but the "idea" and the actuality are two very different things! LOL. Good luck--although you don't need it. Your determination will get you there!