Tuesday, April 14, 2009

McDonalds Musings

On our way home from Florida last week we had 2 outstanding lunch options. I really didn't want to stop in the multitude of one blinker light towns like OZARK, LUVERN, and ARAB, but I needed gas and Ben needed to be out of the car.

Since the choice was between fast food and a local barbeque joint called The Big H Chicken Buffet that advertised "best butt in town." I am hoping this referred to barbeque! Thinking this was a choice of the lesser or 2 evils I went with McDonald's. This place was old... I mean they still had the Hamburgler... complete with a missing face and only one stripe on his shirt on the equipment and a big Grimace punch out doll that I am sure had been crying in the corner of the playground before our arrival.

We got lunch and sat outside to eat and play. As we were leaving and Ben was getting in the car this lady comes up and says, "how's that hope and change workin' for you girl?" WHAT? Come again... I think your bias might be showing LADY I thought. "Yeah... where you get that Obama shirt your little one is wearing?"

I was stunned and didn't really know what to say. So I replied, "I got his shirt at the inauguration and yes I support our President if that's what you were asking."

Could I have said more... oh yes... by why? It wasn't like it would change her mind. I was more offended that throughout the entire conversation she was blowing smoke in the faces of the kids in tow with her.

The reality is that in Obama's first 100 days he has shown that he has taken action and is trying to deliver to the American public. Personally I find his take on closing GITMO, attempts to restart the economy, and his reversal of a 8 year policy on stem cell research in line with my vote.

Anyone thinking that come Jan 21st all would be solved was surely mistaken. Who in their right mind would want his job? Look at it this way, if midterms is the barometer on Presidential approval, here's your chance to voice your opinion. I would think it would be much more effective that accosting some stranger in a parking lot in rural Alabama.

No comments: