Wednesday, April 22, 2009

File this under, Going to wish I hadn't let him do this

I should have just gone on home as I was the last parent picking up their child yesterday after racing home from Chapel Hill appointment in 5 o'clock traffic.

BUT... I decided to pick up a couple of items from the store. This turned into a full on grocery run as I was half way to getting the last week of my gas card giveaway within 10 minutes into the store. Ben was begging to ride on the end of the cart and I CAVED and let him. He actually did well and stayed on most of the time until he decided that riding under the cart was more fun. I let him put all the items in the cart as we counted them to keep him happy along with free samples.

I couldn't help but remember a zillion times going to the grocery with my mom and brother and fighting over who would get the choice spot hanging off the cart to the 2nd place under the cart with legs hanging off dragging the floor. I can't believe my mom even let us go and typically bribed us with the horrible nasty cookies that looked like crap in the deli. Needless to say we NEVER were good enough by the end of the trip to get cookies, but now I'm a parent I understand the merits of bribery. Yesterday it was a trip to the library in exchange for sitting on the potty.

On a super, awesome positive note I have saved almost 450.00 with a local loyalty program at the grocery and another 125.00 in CVS bucks. Way more than enough to buy a refurbished i-phone!!! Bill didn't even have to talk me into it, I was sold the first time I used his! The 1st application I am going to get is a grocery list reminder.

1 comment:

Threeundertwo said...

wow! Have fun with your i-phone!

I think one of the great things about kids being in school is having the time to go grocery shopping without them. Any time I take them I get a headache.