Friday, April 3, 2009

Finished for Friday- Spring Break Edition!

I showed up this morning to work with no school bag, just lunch, wearing flip flops 2minutes before the bell. That my friends is "phoning it in to the extreme." In typical fashion I over scheduled myself to the point this week that I actually fell asleep in class yesterday. So on that note, I am happy I got alot done, but NOT happy to be starting this trip already exhausted.

This week I got the following done:

1. General Trip Readiness! Thank God for DVD players! Bill picked up Ben's new favorite show Kai Lan so I can enjoy Ho Ho and his beat box mixes for 17 hours. I even made brownies for Bill's night of video gaming with friends. I told him that they needed to clean up any evidence if the hookers come over!

2. Met with the Harris Lake park ranger to plan our last NHS fundraiser in May.

3. Intake of new member NHS applications. 66 potential new members. Much more to come, but these 10 page a piece applications are NOT going with me to Florida. I am finishing 2 books, not letters of service and leadership by the pool.

4. Tons of grading of midterm exams and finishing quarter grades. I just love our school's late policy. Kids have essentially the entire quarter to turn in late work and I get one week to grade it all. Seem fair?

On that note, PLEASE 2:30 pm get here so I can get in the car and get rolling towards Destin, Florida! I hope by 6 pm tomorrow night to be sitting by the pool with drink in hand!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Hope you have an awesome trip!!! Can't wait to hear about it when you return. Good luck on the drive!

Unknown said...

"I told him that they needed to clean up any evidence if the hookers come over! "

No promises. ;-)

Threeundertwo said...

Yeah for Spring Break! Hope you have a great one.

Next Friday I hope you finish some fabulous relaxing.

Bea said...

Hope you deduct lots of points for late work. Doesn't seem fair to you or the students who turn it in on time.

Enjoy your break!

PS - When I fell asleep in class one time, I ended up with paper wads in my hair. =)