Friday, April 10, 2009

I think I listened to enough NPR to sponsor my own pledge drive!

After 8 hours of driving in heavy rain today plus a flat tire... we are HOME!

We had a awesome trip, even today in the rain Ben was quite the traveler even without a nap today. His sad little voice kept saying, "mommy... I want to go home and see my daddy." Me too, honey.

Here's our journey in pictures of our week long adventure.

Friday-Meet up for a late dinner on the road with Brian and my mom

Sat
- Marathon driving day. Met up with old college roommates along the way. What should have been 8 hours turned into 13 due to wrecks, Atlanta traffic, and the Eufala, AL Old South Promenade (since traffic was at a standstill I snapped this pic out the window) Will the South just let me by before it rises again?

Sunday
- Overcast and cold in FL... hit the outlets for the motherload of "swishy" wind pants, Ann Taylor, and Stride Rite. Hit the Alys Beach Playground with Uncle Jamie (mini Bill)

Monday/Tuesday- Uncle RG and Lyn came down to join us. Big cook out by the pool. Easter egg hunt, lots of tricycle riding, fun day with inflatables and riding the train, mommy escapes a couple of hours alone at the beach both daysWed- Played goofy golf at the same course Grandmommy Pam and daddy did years ago. Ice cream galore and flew a kite. We are SO playing put put again as Ben loved swinging his club and chasing all the balls (including some other patrons) Afternoon at the pool and mommy escaped for one last afternoon of alone bliss!

Thurs- Start the drive home. Beautiful sunny day, sat in the sun for lunch, and finally made it to Atlanta. Spent the night with family. Nothing like 2 boys under 3 and a 3rd on it's way to make for a wild little penis-filled night!

TODAY
- Make it the rest of the way home. Met up with an old high school friend for lunch. Wish I had a picture but you can imagine trying to get 3 kids all looking the same way!

By the Numbers.... 1643 miles, 2 visits to cracker barrel, 2 1/2 books finished... totally cheated on my 22 hour audiobook of The Corrections and listened to the last 2disks to hear how it ended, 2 inches of goldfish and crayons in the floorboard, 1 rotten preschooler brain from hours of watching the dvd... think he wanted to watch anything but Kai-Lan... hell no... I swear I could repeat ho ho's lines by the Alabama state line.

All in all great trip and so ready to head back in August.

1 comment:

LauraC said...

Looks like an amazing trip!

Every night at my house is a wild penis-filled night! ha ha!