Friday, November 12, 2010

Show Me the Mommy- Coming Clean, well kinda...

In my email this morning is the final installment of Mondo Beyondo Dream Lab. I'm a little sad. Actually more than a little sad, rather discombobulated. My daily shot in the arm that does not require better living through chemistry is ending.

There's a bigger post to write about why Mondo? Or why I stuck around for the Dream Lab on Courage? Or what I got out of it (so much that I need to give myself a word count), or most importantly how I hope it changes my perspective long term. I really like the person that emerged and hope she sticks around for a bit.

I have been mum about much of the behind the scenes for the better part of this year publicly. I don't know exactly how to explain the shifts taking place, even before MB. Know that I am saying yes on a daily basis to the smallest of ideas, yes to practicing uncomfortable vulnerability, and yes to crazy pipe dreams that made my list.

Some dreams, like taking a (well-needed) editing basics class online or training to be birth doula are attainable. But then there are the lofty goals like writing and performing my own comedy set that seem so far removed from reality.

I uploaded this pic for my MB profile page and then later also here. It was taken towards the end of the summer just as the first lessons were rolling out. I love this picture. The larger version so perfectly captures our summer of sullen children and a deliriously happy mommy to have made it to the end.

It has only been a few short months ago since I took a giant leap of faith to leave my job and to stay home. By saying yes to this particular opportunity for courage, I discovered a missing part of myself.

Courage Unfolds Yes by Yes by Yes

2 comments:

LauraC said...

I said to my Mondo class I was sad when it was over because I felt so drunk on Mondo. But now that I see the universe's list of things that is occurring, I have faith it's the right path.

I'd love to hear what you thought of Dream Lab, I didn't have time to do it this fall obvs.

Carrie said...

I love that picture, too! Honestly, the first time I saw it on your Dream Lab profile I thought, wow... she has a great smile! I didn't even notice the looks on your kids faces. Too funny! :)