BACK after what turned out to be a month long hiatus. Here's a recap:
1. (Most important and the original catalyst for hiatus) A month of better sleep!
2. Major deadline in multiple pieces finished. I still have some residual items to knock out but overall this was a major to-do crossed off.
3. I finished 3 almost 4 books, a personal record for a single month. This included all 600 pgs of FREEDOM which felt like finishing the Bible.
4. Extra long weekend in early October in SC. My freezer is now in need of a major cook a thon to replace. I didn't intend for the freeze ahead blog to also go on vacation. On tap this weekend is a yummy shrimp pasta dish from Tasty Kitchen and Butternut Squash soup.
5. I worked out 6/7 days for the entire month. I lost 4 lbs adding to my post-partum total to around 35 lbs!
6. Celebrated Year 21 with a massage, facial, and mani/pedi package I bought for myself. Also celebrated in a radical, non-typical hv way. This is a post later when I can just think how to express beyond a convo in my head.
7. Battled two different week-long nasty colds that made their way through all V folk.
7. Made the kick-ass family costumes above. Mark that one off the proverbial Best Mom Ever list. We *did* get multiple comments at the Magic Kingdom wide Halloween party. Awesome Part 1.
8. Week-long Disney trip. Awesome Part 2.
While hard in the beginning feeling totally disconnected and was missing out on the happenings of friends, the month bought me much needed time.
Nov To-Do list is already written, including finally sorting and packing the pile of teacher materials in the garage. Add to this an actual Thanksgiving meal to plan and cook for visiting family.
It feels good to be reconnected, but I also hope to keep up the better sleep. So a commitment to not writing posts after midnight. Period.
Why Gina Haspel Would Be Unlike Any CIA Director Before Her
19 minutes ago