Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Pics Tell All!

Weekend trip to SC in pictures. We decided to stay an extra day and return on Monday. Sadly I didn't get pictures of the patriotic hymn sing that I took her to Sunday.

I thought about it but then figured I would want to remember it for all it's Bob Jones-Esque-Ness. Plus I would need some reason other than to complement the rhinestone hand-sized TEA bag broach the church organist was wearing to take her photo. PLUS! CAN'T.BELIEVE.I.FORGOT.MY.PHONE (thus only camera on this trip)for the crescendo of the weekend events.

From monogrammed lip balm and poopy on the potty cards at Hallmark and the marriage of NASCAR and Fireworks at the WALMART sized fireworks display on the size of the road, it was a good trip overall. I was giddy when I saw one of SC's famous construction sign inviting the other 49 states to one up their safety zone placards. True SC residents really don't shed their true native redneck self and I'm beginning to think I will be reincarnated as a Confederate flag one day. Note it was on full display at the hymn sing on more than one shirt and flying on the back of more than one truck.

Even old glory was honored in more lewd dress code violations than imaginable at the 4th celebration downtown. Best being a duel USA flag into a bra halter top. Again, wishing for photos, but didn't think chancing a slap fight with said accusers who looked like they could kick my ass and then take me home to my momma.

So I give you my weekend in pictures. Best part were the yummy veggies from Brian's garden. Made for a super dinner last night.















1 comment:

Beth Copham said...

Hey, back off the monogrammed lip balm! I love mine! Truly it keeps my kids out of it because they know it's MINE. You of all people should know us southern girls love our monogramming! Hope you had a great 4th.