Tuesday, July 20, 2010

+1

Today is the extended release version of Camp Mommy. I will be driving out in just a bit to meet my friend's husband and pick up their son who will be staying with us overnight and most of tomorrow.

I *hope* Ben and Eli will play well together. We are wheeling to the pool this afternoon and Laura's decision to keep the other baby will allow me to be a bit more hands on with the boys. Playdough, sand and water table, water slide, making Star Wars cookies and mummy dogs are all on the agenda in the next 24 hours.

There are moms, super moms, and then Laura Hunter. Indeed a super mom to not only had a difficult twin pregnancy and birth but to have traveled each week to UNC since April in preparation for this day during the newborn period of handling twins. She is a good friend to entrust her oldest son to me.

My thoughts and prayers are with them this morning as they start the first of several surgeries for Baby Leo. My prayers are also with the amazing team of surgeons at UNC that have cared for them to this point and know what direction to take with each progressive procedure.

As always when we where making plans for the pass off last night, she was upbeat and positive and the definition of an indomitable spirit.

Thinking good thoughts. Thinking good thoughts. Thinking good thoughts.

No comments: