to Friday's question: I'm taking the year of leave postdated from 4/14/10 until 4/14/11. My hope is that no school will want someone for the final quarter of the year and it buys me time to make a decision about outright resignation until next summer.
While it may seem like given the options this was the only real choice, I did think long and hard about what I want my life to look like while taking this time.
Bill and I talked over our fabulous dinner out Saturday about what it will take to make this new situation best for all. I appreciate that he heard my concerns and in the end left the decision to me.
I'm working on my mental list of how to make this increased time with the boys work for their benefit and to not loose myself in the process.
Funny that I asked 9 people for advice, 8 agreed that the leave was the best (and most reasonable) option. I'll take those odds.