Friday, January 29, 2010

Phone Friday- Quick, Snap a Pic of his Head in a Cone?

Woo Hoo.... poop in the school potty yesterday, even a call from the teacher at home to reassure us it had happened. Don't want to jinx it but could this latest plan make a difference?

Earlier this week Ben and I had a Come to Jesus meeting with Ben about eating in the car. It was about the time he wiped a hot dog all over his window that allowing him to eat in the car was over, not before the following day with applesauce in the window frame. Ben typically is starving when I pick him up from school. As the day ends at 3pm they don't do an afternoon snack, and so the days he didn't eat lunch too he makes the 1980's cult fav Faces of Death look like a Disney movie.

I had been letting eat whatever was in his lunch box once in the car after pick up. I had also been keeping a big bag of individual snacks in the car if I knew we were going to be stopping multiple places on the way home. But Ben has turned mom's generosity into how big of a mess can I make on a daily basis. This includes the hot dog incident, chips ground into my seat backs, and most recently opening applesauce that was poured in the window frame. THE END of eating in the car after a stern time out on the last one.

Earlier in the week it was sunny 60s and it was also Wacky Wed at the local carwash complete with a soundtrack of Earth, Wind, and Fire circa 1979. Since Ben had made so much of the mess, I thought he should help clean up. First he was totally fascinated going through the car wash and then helping vacuum with assistance. While I was wiping down the car I let him sit outside and eat some leftover fruit. Then he disappeared only to find him pushing his whole body into a cone and then trying to walk. He was still talking, in fact laughing that he had a cone-head out this little hole at the top.

All this was fine and good and frankly free entertainment while I cleaned the car, until the manager came over to ask if I knew my son had taken 5 more cones from made a bridge he was trying to walk on. Yes, I did notice that Sir, but you see if I don't let him play over there in the grass with those cones I am likely to find a Taco Bell taco under the seat from 6 months ago, just like I did when I was dating his father (TRUE). He literally walked away shaking his head.

No comments: