Monday, January 25, 2010

More Insane Sales, X-rated Preschool Behavior, and Good Wishes to a SuperMom

Wow what a weekend, for someone 29 weeks prego much accopmlished. We decided after finding out that with service fees and taxes that the monster truck rally at close to 100.00 bucks was not going to happen. As much as I hated not to see my kin in Confederate flag short shorts or men in Git-r-Done wife beaters,I'm sure it will return for us to enjoy.

My friend and I made 6 freeze ahead dishes that we tripled on Saturday during a marathon cooking session. A few more of these and I am on my way to feeling good about the freezer status for April.

We headed out Sat night to buy clothes for Bill. Unfortunately despite Ben going to soccer and playing at home he refused to nap. No big surprise as he is not napping at school and hasn't the past few weekends. Unfortunally he treats "quiet time" as a 1 hr yelling session for toys he wants in his room and I have to repeatly go in a read him the Riot Act. I hope the more to the big boy room will help.

One poop in the potty Sat am and after a telling conversation Friday night of a hint his lead teacher mentioned. More to come as his teacher seemed on board with this idea when we emailed this weekend....

As we were looking for clothes Sat night for Bill, I desperately was trying to find a chair to rest my very swollen legs and feet. Unfortunately Ben decided that this would be the opportunity to pull is penis out of his big boy underwear and proceed to rub it all over the 3 way mirrors at the local dept store, dying laughing. Blanket apology to those shocked, definitely NOT a Christmas card pic to capture.

Bill and I traded Ben duty on Sunday so that I could hit the 1/2 price day at the Kids Exchange sale and he could hit the gym and see Avitar (again). Good plan since Ben most of the day wanted to chill on the couch watching TV. I should have called it not to go, but I got a super close parking place after scoping out the backside of the building Thursday, got in and beelined to the 4T clothes. Made out within 5.00 of what I wanted to spend as well as some frightening pics of what else was for sale (seriously what mother would put that outfit on a 4 year old BOY?) Also picked up some loot for friends and in a search for Halo sleep sacks for another friend found two big bags of preemie boy clothes.

On that note, while I was waiting over an hour in line to check out needing to hit the bathroom badly and have eaten the protein bar I had squired away I call my friend Laura H who is at week 32 expecting twins. We had been texting back and forth since she was admitting for contractions last week. She is staying on complete bed rest in the hospital for the duration to attempt to get her to Week 34 to deliver. I truly think God only let's the toughest of all Superwomen be moms to twins. Sending her such good thoughts here at the critical end. If I can swing it I may drive down next weekend to help with her 2 year old son and to see her in the hospital. I know she would do the same if the tables were turned and frankly so easily could have been.

NOT ready to start the 2nd semester tomorrow, but I am 45 days and counting until Maternity Leave!!!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

LOL at this post. Yay for potty progress! That's awesome. If you like burritos, these were really great. You could make them more healthy with super lean ground beef or turkey, reduced-fat cheese, etc. They were tasty heated up, too.