Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Random Wednesday... aka Still Sick

Well what I hoped was an upturn in the snot and mucus department was indeed just a teaser. I am just as congested and have the same sinus headache that I have now had going on a week. On that note, here are some ramblings that likely a more clear headed person wouldn't have:

1. Not being able to take any real drugs SUCKS. Seriously, if I wanted to go rogue or act like it was Little House on the Prairie with all these homeopathic remedies then I could accept it but not being able to breathe going on a week is driving me nuts.

2. Add to being up at 3 am due to said cold, now for the past 2 nights the dog has done one of the following: wanted to go out, puked, peed, vomited. Or on one night, all 4. Seriously, no one else is allowed to be sick if you need adult help.

3. Taking your child out of school to go to Disney World the week before exams if stupid. It's even more stupid when said student's entire grade is riding on the final exam and I will have to defend why I failed them (and fill out a butt load of burucratic forms).

4. Our newly "elected by 11% of the electorate" school board scare me. Haven't we already learned our lesson about power in the hands of the uninformed. The fact that 5 people that I don't know are making decisions that will in the end determine if or when I return to this profession is not fair.

5. My OB's nurse referred to my baby as, "first year of college already paid for, yeah I can undertand why you are a bit hesitant not to take anything" Nicely put and hoping not to have to return to 3 x a day blood testing after my glucose test tomorrow.

6. I actually told our testing administrator this am that I had nor the time or interest to read a 150 booklet related to administrating state tests. I've done this for 10 year, show me where to sign that I won't give the kids the answers. I SHOULD have added that #80 on form F is a question that I wrote on fiscal policy for God's sake when I did test writing for the state back when I was a young, engaged, childless teacher.

7. I'm cold and I live in a place that is not suppose to be 17 degrees when I leave for work in the dark.

8. I'm also wishing that I had eaten breakfast or even lunch without it being in the hall while asking two students to not give each other VD outside my room.

9. I want to drive to SC this weekend like getting a hole in the head. Wait, maybe that will make my cold better.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hmmmm, I'm guessing it hasn't been a good week so far. At least you still have your sense of humor! I'd say it can't possibly get worse, but you can never say that out loud. Hang in there!

LauraC said...

Written like a pregnant women with a serious illness. Feel better soon! Or at least come back from SC with some jesus figurine for me.