Sunday, January 3, 2010

72 Hour Hold

Not that I want to be in any type of forced confinement of the psychiatric or incarsaration type, but being sick now going on since New Years Eve morning and progressively getting worse has to qualify as imprisonment of the house arrest type. I woke up on Thursday in the middle of the night to to stuffy head and intense headache and remembered that I had promised some trade time for childcare (already provided) with a friend so I sucked it up and faced the day. Let me tell you that a room full of children screaming on inflatable jumpers will not make you feel better.

I didn't want to miss NYE festivities but did call the host and told her I was going to scale back on what I had promised to make 1. I was feeling worse as the day continued on, and 2. I didn't want to make others sick so I stuck to things I didn't have to handle. I also told Bill that we wouldn't be ringing in the New Years in north Raleigh with a long drive home, more like 9 pm and by Midnight Bill and I were both asleep with the Hangover at the famous taser scene.

We did have a good time, saw old friends we hadn't seen in a while, particiated in a while elephant exchange in which I unloaded the infamous Tired Ass Soak for a Puritan Lace Collar and sensual Amber lotion exchange.

I have spent the last 72 hours without leaving the house, not even to go outside. Why would I anyway with a cold blowing wind and temps in the 20s. I did get all the decorations put away, helped Bill with IKEA furniture assembly (note that holding piece doesn't really qualify, got some general cleaning done, started planning for a Leggo birthday party, finished a crappy bookclub book, and sorted 2009 paperwork to keep.

What I also did was in keeping with my 2010 resolution to look for the small moments with Ben. We played we cars, built competing leggo towers, played with play doh, colored poster sized pictures from Cars, watched kid movies (even I), and attempted the new 9 in 1 puzzle.

No regrets that being on a 72 hour hold while sucked not being able to breathe or the ongoing sinus headache that has had me up at night, helped me have some much needed time to just exist before the craziness of life returns tomorrow.

2 comments:

Beth said...

What a way to start the new year! Hope you're feeling better and adjusting to the old routine. (Whatever that was!) Happy New Year!

ElizabethS said...

Seriously, you could have called, said you were feeling like cr** and we could have done it another time! Next time, call!!