Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My where has this week gone post?

I can't believe it's Wednesday, yes Wednesday folks and I just now pulled up my blog to update. Ok, got sidetracked again, and again today. I actually have 2 big posts to write, but today is not the day.

Seriously folks, this week has been on crack. and really for no good reason. Monday was a teacher workday so I spent most of the morning grading and working on NHS stuff. As much as I wanted to give it up as I am doing it alone this year. I know, get in line to tell me I Told You So.

Ben is a whole post unto itself. Needless to say the intersection of not napping, not eating lunch, and a change BACK to pull ups after a year in undies due to the ongoing pooping issues. In the last week he has hit, slapped, kicked me to the point of leaving marks. I am at the end of my rope and yesterday's trip to the park was the final straw. Again, this is a post once I can write it without every other word being of the 4 letter variety.

I am crazy tired. Like fell asleep eating dinner last night tired. Like tried to watch night 2 of the Ken Burns new documentary and woke up after midnight and realized I missed most of the show. Insert your own "PBS Documentary = cure for insomnia" joke here, but what I did watch made me want more than anything to achieve a lifelong goal of a 2 week camping and paddling trip in the footsteps of Lewis and Clark.

You know, one day when the kids don't poop on themselves, I don't have to clean dog puke off the rug, and I'm not waking up in my rice pilaf. I don't think this trip is happening anytime soon.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I'm so sorry you're having it a bit rough these days, but I'm laughing too hard to feel sorry for you! Things can only get better right? Right? In the meantime, hugs!

LauraC said...

Too bad you can't drink your problems away! And you know I love me some 1 2 3 Magic, at the very least because it puts the kids out of my sight so that I can calm down. Doesn't make 3 any easier!

Beth Copham said...

Hang in there girl..it will get better. I won't say that it will get better right away but it will get better. Eventually they quit fighting the potty and accept it but unfortunately for my 3rd child it took the wooden spoon to convince her. But hey, you do what you have to after a year of frustration. Have a great week and we use 1 2 3 Magic and it really works for us!