Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Obligatory 1st Day School Photo


This not so great shot was the best of about 15 pics I snapped with my phone in an attempt to get the best of the best 1st day of school photos. In most of the pics Ben is holding his Lighting McQueen Lunchbox in front of his face or stuffing his face with the bag of Cheerios, OR a common pic technique squinting his eyes and yelling cheese.

As we were driving to school in the pouring down rain Monday we passed at least 2 other people posing their kids on the front steps to get that famous 1st day shot. I so wish I had my all time favorite of myself in 1980 standing in front of a baby blue Ford LTD boat wearing a halter top and short shorts with Little House on the Prairie Braids. Classy!

I play Bunco with one of his new teachers and I resisted all temptation to ask last night about Ben's progress. I brought her a bag of tissues, wipes, and some other "dream" items like an electric pencil sharpener and hand towels for the class to pass off and she immediately she had to tell me that Ben was making new friends and seemed to be loving the class.

As expected he is gravitating towards the the older boys who had helped him in the bathroom on Monday when he of course pooped on himself. He had a poop-free day yesterday until just as we were getting to car. I have to believe being back in a structured daily environment is going to help.

One thing that is really different about this school is that due to the extremely limited parking, they run carpool for am/pm pickup. It seems strange that I/Bill literally just pulls up and a teacher opens the door, I hand him his lunchbox, and he hops out to walk in with the teacher.

My big, big boy is nowhere near the baby I so wish for him to be (for like an hour until he screams uncontrollably at 3 am).

1 comment:

Threeundertwo said...

At least you got a good shot in! Such a milestone, another school year starting.