Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Roundup

Make this Labor Day with little labor... ok I lied I am going to clean the house/laundry, but all in all it's been a weekend of relaxing. Here are the highlights in pictures.

Friday night Bill and I watched State of Play... not bad, kinda another Spy Game rip off.

Sat am we picked up our friend's daughter at 8 am on the way to the NC Zoo. Their family is in the middle of moving into a new house and I figured a few hours of moving minus of 3 year old would be helpful.

We had a great time at the Zoo, but whew... I was tired. The kids did really well and we strategically planned what to see and what to skip and most importantly how to best not walk ourselves to death and use the tram between the Africa and Americas campus

We did nothing Sat night but eat BOGO take out Mexican and watch the already cancelled show Kings on Netflix... good and Ian McShane is amazing! Ben did help Bill measure for the new cable before he went to bed. He is obsessed with calling himself a "workerman" these days and loves the Mighty Machines about garbarge trucks

Sunday am Ben and I went to church and then met Bill at the pool for one final time before the outdoor pool closes and we cancel our free month of a family pass at the gym. on the way home I hit the grocery and hit the motherload of marked down food. I felt the need to artistically arrange the food including a whole line of discountinued spices (not expired) that were only a dollar each!!!!

Our longtime friends the Pressley family came down Sunday afternoon and we took the boys (all 3) to the neighborhood pool with the men ran cable under the house. I SO got the better end of that deal! We enjoyed way too much food including homemade churned ice cream with "sparkles" according to Ben.

The kids played, we dished and laughed, and once again another weekend with friends we have known almost our entire 10 years in NC. Three kids, Three companies Matt and Bill have worked for together, and lots of weekend nights together over yummy food.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Hi Heather! I'm so glad things are going well - woo hoo. Your weekend sounds great . . . enjoy the last days of summer. I've still got my fingers crossed for you that things continue to go well.

LauraC said...

Sounds like a great weekend! (now you know why I am always so tired, after your trip to the zoo! ha ha!)