Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fifteen In, and Least Fifteen More to Go

Happy First Date circa Sept. 24, 1994.

The circumstances: My sorority pledge bash. I was suppose to go with a friend but at the last minute he wrecked his car and had to go home for the weekend. In comes to the rescue my sorority sister Angie (and her future husband David who was Bill's roommate). We went to the party followed by watching PCU in their dorm. Nice that David and Bill didn't pick the Shannon Tweed movie they kept laughing about much to my and Angie's ignorance while we were at Blockbuster.

It wasn't a blind date as who on our campus didn't know the infamous Bill Vinson? Up at 3 am in the computer lab typing a paper? Hey there's Bill, who can fix any computer emergency. He doesn't remember this, but I asked him for help in the fall of 1993 in the Foreign Language computer lab thinking, hey that guy in my French 2 class, and he looks nice enough to help get my paper to print.

Fifteen years in we are celebrating 13 years married in December. We have a beautiful son to show for daily perseverance of the bitter and sweet.

Here's to all that 2010 holds as well as the next fifteen years together.

love you-

h

1 comment:

LauraC said...

Happy 15 years!
Jon and I celebrate 10 together next summer which is CRAZY!