Thursday, September 17, 2009

When There is Candy Corn in the Cart, Summer is Officially OVER!

Ben and I were wandering around the Halloween displays at Target yesterday buying the first of MANY bags of candy corn when it hit me, Summer is OVER!

I guess I have been in denial, but I went back an reread my June post Now Taking Applications for Camp Mommy and Daddy about hopes for summer plans and it made me smile to think that between his June 9th third birthday and the start of school on Aug 25th we have had a memorable summer 2009

Of the list of 25 goals, all family oriented things to try and do over the summer I got 17/25 completed. Some Favorite outings: Overnight Beach trip, New Hill Railroad, NC Zoo and Aquarium, Swim lessons, water week and washing the school bus at Ben's new school, and our week long family road trip to Destin, Fl.

Items not accomplished that I really wanted to do and hope to make a priority for the fall or next summer: Nature Hike at a state park, see a car race, host a gallery walk of summer artwork created by Ben, invite friends down for a Preschool car wash, workshop at the Scrap Exchange, start a family cooking night.

It has been a stressful, crazy summer on the adult end. I hope never again to have so much facing us in a matter of months. I can take away from the past 3 months that we have spent more time than we ever have as a family and for that there are no regrets.

No comments: