Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Purple Soccer Balls, Chick Fil-A, and POOP... they are related!

Yesterday was one of those almost surreal busy days. After a full day of teaching these horrible cheesy mnemonic devices to my Civics kids to learn the Amendments, I went to get my hair cut and then to the grocery. When I finally got home, Bill and Ben were kicking a purple soccer ball throughout the downstairs of our house. Nice!

Supposedly Ben pooped on the school potty yesterday and from my questions it appeared legit. Bill took him to get a soccer ball as a reward. Of course what does Ben pick out immediately but a neon pink ball. Bill got him settle on a purple one.

Once home Ben proceeded to poop on his little potty, in case you counting that is TWO on the potty, no accidents in his pants in ONE DAY!!!! You cannot imagine how much excitement there was going on in my kitchen. Even funnier Bill said later was my "how to wipe yourself" blow by blow desciption in helping him clean up the potty. Who cares... this is HUGE!

We headed out to our new Chick Fil-A premier night after I being the total cheap scape entered a local contest to win Chick Fil-A for a year. While I didn't win, the event was really nice. They had a red carpet complete with the mascot cow, flowers and candles on the tables, string quartet, you could order whatever you wanted for free from the menu and every person invited to premier night got 10 free sandwich coupons and kids got a plush cow.

I had Fall Open House at school so Bill stayed to see if we won any of the raffles and I took Ben with me to school.... really big mistake. He was a crazed animal running around ducking in between desks yelling into a giant plastic microphone, near killing himself shoving stuff into the overhead projector plug, and then almost broke my laptop by shoving post it notes in the CD ROM drive. Ben also decided that in a room full of parents that announcing "I gotta go potty... I poop" not once, but to 2 different classes. Neither did the school administration that were dropping into rooms randomly thought this was nearly as funny as Ben did. Luckily most parents commented they remembered those days and didn't stick around after the dog and pony show.

Oh well, what did I expect from a child with no nap, excitement of a purple soccer ball, overall poopling craziness, loaded up on croutons and ice cream and then a captive audience to watch his antics.

2 comments:

LauraC said...

Thank goodness for small miracles!!

I will have to give you our poop rundown in person.

Beth said...

Your Open House sounds like a scene from a movie! LOL. Sounds like Ben had a great time. Woo-hoo for potty progress! It is definitely progress. It's kind of funny how much power pooping gives a 3 year old child. Well, not really funny. Interesting, maybe. Anyway, hope he keeps it up!