Saturday, September 12, 2009

A 3 Year Olds Libray Book Selection Compared to a 34 Year Old

Bill decided to attend an all day conference at a local tech venue so I tried to think what I could pack into our morning to wear Ben out. We are 5 for 5 days at not napping at school :-( We are heading over to friends house tonight as they have the new Beatles Rock Band game and are hosting a party so I tried to do a late nap so Ben will last late to play with the bevy of boys that will be there.

1st Stop- The local library to return books and pick up new ones.

Ben's walked away with:

All About Machines
Trucks, Trucks, Trucks
Garbage Trucks
A Spanish Language Picture Dictionary for Kids


Heather walked away with:

The Yiddish Policeman's Union- Michael Chabon
Still Life with June- Darren Greer (totally picked this up based on the cover and the insane blurb on the back)
God Bless You Dr. Kevorkian- Kurt Vonnegut
125 Best Biscuit Mix Recipes (after picking up Reduced Fat Bisquick on a mega sale, I'm inspired)

We then hit a local soccer club that Bill signed us up for classes for the next few months. Ben was totally in love with kicking the balls, sitting on the balls (insert how big are your balls joke here), and gathering all the balls into the middle of the playing field.

We had gone back and forth about either doing soccer this fall or indoor swim lessons at Bill's gym. We decided on the soccer after Ben played it at school and incessantly talked about playing "balls". Again, insert inappropriate joke here.

I hope that Bill and I both get something out of these classes. For Bill a change to rediscover organized sports and for me a chance to clean my house in peace while Bill takes him to class. Either way, with a tuckered out child in for a long Sat afternoon nap, we all win.

1 comment:

LauraC said...

After our success today, I'm excited for soccer!! (Look for my own photo photos on Friday)