Sunday, October 28, 2012

Working on 23

Another year, another anniversary of my favorite day of the year.

October 28th has come and gone for the past 23 years with little fanfare.  I did buy a big bouquet of yellow lilies for the kitchen counter and took the dog for an extra long walk enjoying the leaves at their peak.

We spent today as a family, first at church, then at a food truck rodeo stuffing our faces with bacon covered maple bourbon doughnuts, dumplings, ice cream, and the largest, greasiest burger I've ever seen.  No calories counted, not a one on this day.

So many times I wish for a do-over. Not a single regret today. I got exactly what I wanted, a normal, nothing significant day spent with the people I love most.

Best of all, the chance to do it all again tomorrow.

No comments: