Thursday, March 25, 2010

Well, I Think He Enjoyed Himself


Ben's dirt level at pick up. Yesterday was the annual egg hunt and I think I can say, he enjoyed himself fully and ate dirt!

We came home and for the 2nd day in row let him play in the garage riding his scooter, sifting through Bill's 25 year old boxes of Garfield books (don't ask), playing pretend car wash with the remnants of a fundraiser from school while I wrapped up work.

I'm really tired and feeling a major crash coming on by weekend. I even went ahead and called my long term sub and asked if she wanted to pick up half of the day on Monday. Since Ben's school is closed starting tomorrow until the 6th Camp mommy is about to begin. No crazy plans other than relaxing a bit and trying to spend some serious last solo child time with Ben.

On the positive, my mom stayed overnight for observation, nothing really broken, blood sugar returned and is doing dialysis in the hospital today before she is released. This is good, really good because I need all the positive energy I can get in the next days/weeks. I have a tendency to get bogged down in the negative and am really, really trying in 2010 to see the positive in all things. Period.

I'm rereading a couple of natural birth books and wow what a different perspective this time with a real experience to compare it too. I won't (nor did we last time) ask Bill to labor with me shirtless while we draw pictures of our dreams for our child. (No lie, it's in one of Ina May's finest ode to natural birthing manuals)

I would laugh my ass off if he did revealed his much smaller chest with a particular name finally agreed on at some point of laboring this child, that is if he doesn't get thrown out not for eating doughnuts but to run around the hospital.

ONE DAY 'till his 5K!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The doula who taught our prenatal/birth classes advocated for the shirtless partner dream drawing scenario. I think now it was just for comic relief.

Beth said...

I love that picture of Ben! So adorable. Glad he had a great time. And I'm glad your mom is okay. I hope your week ends well and that you get the "crash" time you need.