Monday, March 15, 2010

Crying Over Spilt Milk, and other Weekend Musings


10 days till maternity leave!!!! Woo Hoo!!! (still with no sub in place and 2 weeks of sheer hell to wrap up the year, midterm exams, grades, packing up my classroom, and did I mention the over 100 National Honor Society Applications coming in this week- each a min of 9 pages to read and process)? With no logistical way to do any of this ahead of time so like labor, it's just going to have to happen.

On the positive front I got alot done this weekend: typical household chores, made 12hour slow cooker sauce for 6 pans of Ziti, cleaned out my car of nasty, Part 1, cleaned out the couch following Ben knocking over an entire glass of milk. This brings up Nasty, Part 2. After cleaning up the milk that was pouring out of the back of the couch, we then decided to pull out all the cushions to vacuum before the drenching with Finger of God (Nature's Miracle Pet Enzyme spray). Somehow as much time as I spend on this couch and the amount we paid for a top of the line leather, nail-head trim last 20 years kinda couch it was worth the extra cleaning.

While Bill had it tilted back I spotted what appeared to be a toy car, 30 mins later we unearthed no less than 10 cars, baby socks, broken crayons, money, and a Apple TV remote all from a special "crumb/runaway toy" section built in and never seen in the last 6 years of owning this piece of furniture.

Let me clarify that while I normally vacuum under the cushions I didn't know of this secret compartment and was completely grossed out. Thankfully with my new Dyson Animal(the same one I shoved a lady with a king comforter on black Friday to buy at 200.00 off), this thing lived up to it's name as the last of the cats are officially gone!

The other major event of the weekend was the sibling birth class at the hospital with our friends also expecting a 2nd child. I wish I could post cute pics of Ben holding the practice baby, not attempting to unplug every BP monitor in the halls, asking the teacher 900 ridiculous questions,not climbing on the table at lunch or giving a toot about anything but coloring this sign for his room.

I do think for what it was worth that it was a good idea to start talkikng up how this magical creature is going to appear in the next month. When we were at the library for our Friday afternoon date I picked up some sibling books and we read one (albeit with some paraphrasing) Friday night.

Ben has been asking how brother got in mommy's tummy and since our story involves a flow chart we are trying a unified front of some simple facts and hoping that once baby is here he drops it and moves on to his other favorite topic, when he and everyone he knows is going to die.

Add to the weekend a much needed night out to the Melting Pot with friends and I am ready to go for the week. That is until the next area of neglect is discovered leading me to a all out frenzy of cleaning. Don't tempt me, I don't even think I have hit my nesting stride yet.

1 comment:

Jen Murphy said...

Can't wait to see what our babies look like soon!! Thanks for being such a supportive and caring friend during my hellish pregnancy. All of this suffering will be worth it soon!