Monday, March 1, 2010

Holy Productivty- A March Madness Plan



Ok folks the plan is on with 6 weeks till Vinson 2.0 and after a weekend spent either 1. Shuttling Ben somewhere 2. Doing massive Amounts of work for school/online class (even on Friday night) 3. Attempting to get the house cleaned and weekend chores I am declaring my own plan for March Madness since like being the only American NOT watching the hockey game yesterday, I won't care about March Madness, brackets, or the like.

Here's my overall plan for Holy Productivity-

1. Create some type of Registry at Target- DONE! Yes it only has diapers, wipes, and bottles on it and a secretly coded message that GIFT CARDS rock, but it's done. I registered for what I used with Ben. I hope this baby likes the same brands or at least PLEASE folks will think to include a gift receipt. Actually I hope my request at an upcoming shower to go in on a group gift for a couple of house cleaning sessions will not be taken as tacky. I seriously do not need 95 neutral receiving blankets. I figured the registry would at least help those who feel the need (and of course will be appreciated) for a actual gift.

2. Now that Ben has vacated the nursery start moving gear and crates of baby stuff to stage the next plan of moving it all into place by end of Month. I HATE that feeling that your house looks like a BRU warehouse so Bill and I have a plan to utilize space in our 1400 square foot home based on what we didn't use (like 2 diaper genies) from last time wisely.

3. Ground Beef O- Rama- Restock my freezer with 30 made ahead meals. Since 75% of what I had already done went to my mom last weekend, every weekend will involve something in triplicate. I'm planning when I hit the grocery in advance so that I don't eat up time on Sat going back to the store. I also hope to get in one cooking session with Elizabeth if she has time by end of month.

4. Wrap up this online class that has taken much more time than expected. In part because I underestimated the amount of work or the dynamics of being assigned group work with others and the proverbial "it always falls to someone to complete" mantra. God I hope it pays off with a contract to teach something online this summer.

5. Wrap up the month of March with lesson plans, copies, grading as well as NHS insanity including a fundraiser next week and 100+ applications coming in on 3/19. At this point I am giving naming rights to any teacher who gives any time to help me cross the finish line. Knowing I have a long term sub lined up would help my stress level immensely as I am working to week 39, please pray that someone who is part parole officer and is not grandma in support hose is hired in the next 4 weeks.

6. Attempt to keep up with daily grind of life, housekeeping, staying active with friends, meetings, DR appointments and most of all making this last month of time with Ben as the solo child. I have been trying to make our afternoons time special even when are just at the grocery with a sparkle doughnut and the promise of using the little cart for good behavior. I have made sure our weekly date Fridays at the Library are going to continue to happen, even when he walked out last week to my CAR (without me no less)!!! We are on week 4 for pooping in a potty and for that I am eternally thankful to the Gods. He asked us yesterday if he was our favorite child... handwriting is on the wall!

7. Meeting with doula this weekend and plans to go natural if possible. I need to pack stuff for the hospital, finalize plans for Ben overnight help on the day/night of labor, install new car seats for both baby and Ben's new Britax in both cars, check out an additional daycare as a Plan B, get summer plans for Ben and 1/2 day camp settled. oh what else......

How about go sit for 5 mins in the nursery and look at Ben's bunny with a recorded message for Baby. I found this super cute bunny hat and bib yesterday at Target. Even I with no penchant for most things cute, this makes me smile and so ready to bring this baby to the party!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Good lord Heather how-do-you-do-it??? I'm exhausted just reading about everything. Your stamina is impressive to say the least. I always loved the saying that every good wife needs a good wife - amen to that!
Hang in there. I can't believe you only have six weeks to go - getting exciting!

Beth said...

I'm exhausted, too. But if anyone can do it, I know you can. I love your gift ideas, BTW. A cleaning service for a second-time-mom would be a God-send! In the meantime, just do the minimum and take care of yourself.