Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday Gumbo

I had thought of calling this post, "things to do with the time NOT showering". But then since that conjures up images of hippie, dread-locked folk I figured not to share the ick factor. We woke up Sunday morning to realize that the pilot light on our just over one year old new water heater was out. No big deal, Bill lit it again and we moved on with the day.

No so at 5:30 Monday am when I was greeted with an ice cold shower. I walked out to the garage and discovered it was out again. One service call later and lots of frustration we are now waiting on a part to arrive on Wed. NICE!!! I feel like Little House on the Prairie with my pots on the stove heating up water to bathe Ben.

Add to this fun double poops in the pants in 2 hours once home. One while at the library reading a book on pooping no less when I discovered it. We had one successful poop on the potty Sunday so I was so hoping for some progress this week. We have worked with our school to have Ben evaluated by Project Enlightenment at the suggestion of his teachers.

I was so looking forward to chaperoning his school trip to the pumpkin patch Wednesday, but alas with forcasted rain it's been moved to the ONE day I can't go this week. I'm super disappointed since we didn't plan a pumpkin patch family trip separately. I had planed to take the whole day off to chaperone, knock out a couple of appointments, and mainly have tomorrow as a gift to myself.

I hesitate to even write this and if common sense befalls me I will likely delete it later, but tomorrow is 20 years out from a date that matters to no one but me. You know, those little dates in time that are not celebrated with cake or flowers but that you know the significance.

Years have come and gone with no fanfare and tomorrow will be the same. No long blog post, or mentioning of it to family or friends. It's my day to let it pass for another year. I thought about picking up shrimp tempura rolls as I have been craving sushi after my sample California roll at the grocery of all places. After all 20 years should be a celebration of sorts? I prefer just an average day with average events. Feeling the baby kick and kissing a sleeping Ben are about the best gift I could ask for.

1 comment:

LauraC said...

Let me know how Project Enlightenment goes. Thinking about you!