Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lordy, Lordy We Got the Fancy Water

As of 9pm last night my 3.5 day adventure in roughing it is over. I am proud to announce that my "getting bigger by the day TX hair" was been washed and has returned to it's normal SC self. Still no verdict on how much this is going to set us back but the tally so far to our water heater only 2 months out of warranty: 3 service calls 2 broken parts (including one missed on the first call), an overnight part that never arrived, Bill's numerous angry calls to the gas company, and the many baths I have taken in the last 3 days that made me wonder how long I would last if I suddenly were dropped in the middle of a wagon train? And THIS coming from someone who wants to camp, hike, paddle on a dream family vacation.

Today has been a surreal day starting somewhere around 2 am when I was awoken by what I can only describe as felt like contractions. Knowing that I am not even to the pre term labor concerns part of pregnancy, I got up walked around, drank water, and tried to get comfortable again. No luck for the next hour as the pains came every few mins. I called the OB and they worked me in believing it was displaced gas. After an hour wait it was validating knowing it was worth it to come in and be checked out. I really, really like this new OB practice.

Out the window were my original plans to chaperone Ben's field trip to the pumpkin patch. Bill is going Thursday as I collect a quarter's worth of late work from my kids and give them a midterm, while making oodles of parent contact for all the absent sick kids. I totally got screwed on that arrangement! Gone was my leisurely lunch and book at the Weathervane over in Chapel Hill. Gone was getting my hair cut as I instead I took a squirmy Ben who pooped on himself to the grocery and then cried when his balloon floated away.

All was not lost, it was a good day. A normal, average day filled with typical frustrations but also the joys of being able to get up and be there day after day. I got exactly what I wanted minus the shrimp tempera rolls.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Boo for plans gone bad. Yay for normal hair! On a more serious note, I'm glad you and the bean are okay. That had to be a little scary! Hope your weekend makes up for the day off not taken.