Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pork Rind Paradise

Yes, I admit I indulged in not ONE but TWO bags of bags of pork rinds while in SC. One eaten in about 5.7 sec in the car. After a weekend of the bologna and Dukes mayonnaise sandwiches my mom kept giving Ben, the good food rule was shot.

It was a good trip that included seeing 2 different high school friends and their kids, helped with lots household chores for my mom, took dinner and visited with my fav great aunt that is in late stage Parkinson's, took mom to church, saw Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, placed the new floral arrangement I had made for my dad's grave, and did I mention that I had mad 17 freeze ahead dishes for my mom that I hauled down as well as a older 32 inch TV were were giving them?

Here we go with lots of pics of the weekend trip:

Thursday I stopped by my long time high school friend Jamie C and visited her and her daughters Campbell and Evy. Too cute and Ben loved their play kitchen just before he pooped on himself. SCORE!!!

Friday we helped out (ok I helped out) around the house and did a bunch of chores for my mom. We took dinner out and visited with Aunt Luella and Uncle Henry on their farm. Ben loved the cows and tried to feed them crab apples. Seriously I always wanted them to be my grandparents.

Friday night I made dinner for my mom while Ben attempted to push her around the dining room table about 900 times. Notice that there is NOTHING in the cabinets. That's right, on THIS trip my mom had put all her kitchenware all over the living room and dining room while the cabinets were about to be painted. Cooking was a real treat with this arrangement as well as keeping Ben from disconnecting the disposal that was loose. Last trip I showed up after a long drive to find my entire bedroom set had been sold leaving only a matress and boxsprings for future visits. What will it be next time? I'm taking bets that my room will be rented out to a vagrent.

Friday night, I did opt out of watching Mom's fav show, Toddlers and Tiaras with her after about 5 really long minutes. I was wiped out from being in at out of the car all day with a 3 year old and a disabled parent. I have a new found respect for doors that open automatically.

Sat am I took mom to dialysis and then headed over to meet Laura W., another good high school friend at Gatti Town Pizza for Kids to meet her and her older daughter Lydia. I loved this place and SO wish we had one here. I ate so much pizza, it felt like old times with Laura on a date-less Friday night, just now with two 3 year olds clamoring for more dessert pizza! We also got to stop by to see her younger daughter Claire that was up from a nap. Super Cuties and were adored in Princess wear, including Ben.

I picked up Mom and we headed to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. I took a nap at one point only to be awoken by Ben trying to push my mom to the front of the theater. NICE!

We had planned dinner out, but my mom was too tired and wanted to go home. Instead I made dinner and we settled in for a night of football. Again, mom's choice. Gotta love watching the USC Cocks, only in SC! I got Ben to bed and caught on some grading. I also finally got around to telling her before going to bed on Sat night that we were expecting another baby. I think she was happy, it was hard to tell given the very long silence. She did ask for one of the ultrasound photos so I will take that as good sign.

Off to church then Sunday dinner that I had made in advance, Brian got in from the out of state wedding he had been at since I arrived, and then finally headed home! We stopped at IKEA on the way in Charlotte and I think I found a bed and dresser for Ben's new room. Very excited at this prospect. After Ben ate both our lunches and played in the children's area, we hit the road for home. My bed never looked so good, and Bill had done the laundry and run the dishwasher. SWEET! Overall a good weekend, but really tired way to start the week.

No comments: