We are going ahead and doing a 3 day over hoped 5 day transfer around 12:30 today. This was not the ideal plan and frankly I am somewhat disappointed after putting this whole cycle off in June just for the chance to do PGD and buy ourselves some piece of mind.
Our clinic called this morning at 6am (expected) to say that of the 12 that fertilized, 11 had divided giving us 5 Grade A embryos 3 perfect ones with no fragmentation, 4 B grades with level 2/3 fragmentation, and 2 Cs. Overall I could not be happier that we got at least 3 perfect quality embryos and we have decided to transfer 2 back.
We had already decided that unless we had 6 recommended for biopsy and genetic testing that we would take our chances and go ahead and do the 3 day with the best of the lot. The longer you wait the chance of having fragmentation and loosing quality increases, but the trade off is you are better able to put back the best of the lot genetically.
Of course life never works out on the 3x5 cards you plan and the embryologist commented that she could wait until 10 am when the slide deadline was due to the lab out of state and hope the 4 Bs would "grow just one more cell" making it worth the delay in transfer and our 6 grand for the procedure. Really and truly it could not have come down more to the wire.
We talked to her, talked to each other, in an uncharacteristic move suggested by Bill prayed to God that we had made the right call as the end result that is more important is a healthy baby.
I long that we made the right call based on the information at the time and my lack of sleep last night. In typical style I had to pull out one final cleaning this morning and mowing the grass yesterday to give me some sense of control over the uncontrolable.
I am doing acupuncture both before and after and then coming home to literally do nothing (other than get Ben in the bed as I really want Bill to keep a standing decision to go to the post-op group at the hospital tonight). Bring on a pbj and Cars and lazy mother of the year award tonight!
Thanks for everyones good thoughts and support both in person and online. You cannot imagine how much we appreciate it and hope that karma will repay you.
Bill and Heather
Researching How To Fight Climate Change With Geoengineering
41 minutes ago