Sunday, July 5, 2009

Got Firetrucks? Got Trains? Got Fireworks? You Got my Weekend


Our 4th of July weekend was a *blast* Friday night we went out for Bill's last supper. We had planned to get a babysitter and see a movie, but note to self that finding a babysitter on a holiday weekend is harder than the Sanford/Palin 2012 ticket finding votes.

Ben and I made homemade pancakes for Bill Saturday morning before we headed out to firetruck "wetdown". Basically a local fire station was christening a new truck and in keeping with tradition they invited the community to come help wash the truck.

This had to be a 3 year olds fantasy as besides getting to wash the truck, the firemen let the kids shoot a hose, climb all over the trucks, wear fireman gear, eat hotdogs/popcorn, and they opened up a hydrant and the kids went nuts in the water!

Sat night I took Ben to the Regency Park Concert and Fireworks. I was a little nervous about taking him by myself, but we took a car over and parked near the exit. Bill dropped us off and I only took one bag in. I planned to only stay as long as he held up, and ditched the fireworks once he was scared. We wound up running into someone I know that also just had her daughter so we sat together and let the kids literally play in the dirt while we watched the concert.

Sunday, Bill slept in while Ben and I went to church and a BJs run. We headed over to the New Hill Train for 12:15 steam engine ride which Ben also loved. We even got an additional 30 mins on the train when it got stuck on the track. Ben seemed to love my story that it had gotten stuck in the mucky, muck and that Dora was going to come and push the train back to the station. Oh to be 3 and gullible!

Bill and I wrapped up the night watching our town fireworks display from our front porch. A great family weekend and just what the doctor ordered going into this week!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Wow--what an awesome weekend! Ben definitely looks like he's found heaven! Wish William could have been there with him. I'm thinking of you guys and praying for the best outcome for both Bill's surgery and your IVF. So much going on, and yet, you are so completely on the ball. Truly impressive. Hugs to you guys!